Rainfall Rate (mm/h) HDF5
European Radar composites
2 km x 2 km grid
15 minute updates at DT+15 minutes
Quality: Odyssey will generate and archive composite products from raw single site radar data using common pre-processing and compositing algorithms.
Expected performance :
- The target availability of composite products produced, delivered and archived will be an average of 99.0%.
- Composite products produced within 15 minutes of data time on at least 95% of occasions.
- Composite products delivered(1) within 20 minutes of data time on at least 95% of occasions.
- Normally, there would be no downtime during maintenance slots and planned switching of nodes
- Where available, gaps in the archive hosted in Météo France will be populated with data archived in Exeter within 7 working days of notification.
- Performance of composite availability and timeliness will be measured at the Odyssey system.
- Production timeliness will be recorded as the completion time of composite generation at Odyssey.
- Availability and timeliness will be measured monthly.
- For system or hardware faults that affect availability, the target will be to respond and fix the fault within 2 hours of notification on 98% of occasions.
- The Odyssey service will be maintained despite IT infrastructure failures at one of the Odyssey nodes.
- Contingency will be provided by the back-up Odyssey node. Switching of operational status between Odyssey nodes will occur within 30 minutes of outage.
- The main Odyssey archive will be hosted at Météo France and a backup hosted at the Met Office
- The ability to switch operational Odyssey node will be provided 24 hours a day (24/7/365)
- Other support activities will take place during Normal Working Hours (of the responsible member)
A tolerable level of service failure would be:
- one ‘break of up to 15 minutes in any 7 day period
- one ‘break’ of up to 60 minutes in any quarter of a year
- one ‘break’ over 60 minutes in any one year, with service being restored within 4 hours.
A ‘break’ denotes a reduction in service delivery, however the service will be deemed to be met if the agreed alternative output is being supplied.
- Instantaneous Surface Rain rate
- Domain – Whole of Europe
- Projection – Lambert Equal Area
- Update frequency – 15 minutes
- Issue time – Approximately 15 minutes after data time
- Delivery method – FTP to NM(H)S via GTS/RMDCN or Internet
- Available in real-time and via archive
- Format: HDF5 (structure is compliant with the Eumetnet ODIM specification)
Permitted use: To be confirmed
Fault reporting: Reported to the UK Met Office Weather Desk.
(1) Applies only to NMS receiving composite products by direct RMDCN connections