The EFTS Agents is a pure-Java framework providing highly efficient and robust software components (agents) to:
• Retrieve remote files from a remote system using various transfer protocols (Poll Agent)
• Replicate and optionally process files via a third-party plug-in (Pre-Processor Agent)
• Push files to a remote system using various transfer protocols (Push Agent)
• Run arbitrary jobs (processes) sequentially or in parallel. Not file driven (Job Agent)
• Check remote system connectivity (Checker Agent)
• Group other EFTS agents into one runtime process (Group Agent)
The agents can be configured to run continually or can be scheduled. They are able to handle flat directory structures or can recurse directory structures, both locally and remotely.
Automatic file housekeeping is also provided.
The framework also provides:
• A high-availability (HA) clustering EFTS Agents server to control the runtime lifecycle of the configured agents offering automatic restart of aborted agents and cron-like scheduling capabilities. Agents can be load-balanced across multiple nodes, each running an EFTS Agents server.
• An Interactive Development Environment (IDE) to configure the agents and the EFTS Agents server(s), and deploy the configuration to the server(s).
• A local or remote monitoring and control application to manually control agents and to monitor their current or historical status in an intuitive manner.
• A command line monitoring and control interface.
• A local or remote web 2.0 based monitoring interface avoiding the need for a Java client installation.
• Adhoc data flow support
A Process Monitoring and Control Utility (PMACU) is also available in the downloads. This is a Linux service interface for starting/stopping and restarting arbitrary processes, and adding high availability.